Sunday, October 26, 2008

No longer an unstoppable force...

Today frankie started on the path of adding/modifying bits... We drove to where it's stored and spent a good 6-7 hours working on it today. It got some basics - windshield wipers, tires properly pressurized - as well as some just-passed basics. We did our initial rebuilding of the rear brakes and can now fairly confidently stop.

With the possibility of stopping, we've now officially declared the car "safe enough to drive", so we took it out for a little spin. It's going to be quite the fun car to drive! I'm rather looking forward to getting it out and autocrossing it.

I'm continuing to learn quite a bit from Matt - and I'm improving on my skills. I've now re-built 4 drum brakes, I think I have a fairly good idea of how they work now. He's also starting to show me around the engine compartment - I'm sure removing the A/C as well as other bits will be a good experience for me!

We're definitely exited about Frankie - we just need to make sure we don't lose focus of what needs to be done to 'Scort... Our current plan is to get the engines out sometime this week...

Till next time space cowboys...

1 comment:

PixieStitch said...

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like you guys have a good action plan for the next couple years in how you want to do the Race of the Lemons. :)
Fun stuff.