Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A bit premature?

Last night I decided to get my Miata out of "deep storage" and move it to my garage for some general maintenance. Well, sort of general maintenance - here's my plan:

  • Oil Change
  • Timing Belt Change, including Water Pump, many hoses, belts, gaskets - essentially the full 90,000 mile maintenance plus some extra to be sure for autocrossing.
  • I'm debating about radiator and associated hoses
  • Roll bar
I'd also like to get some new shocks, but my current budget doesn't allow both the roll bar and shocks. Roll bar won out due to the extra safety in an accident - and because I want my wife to know I'm as safe as possible.


Of course... This morning I went out to my SUV (now sadly parked outside) and there was frost on the windows. Perhaps I was a bit premature in pulling the Miata out?

No comments: