Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where we're at now...

During the race we had a radiator problem and overheated our engine to failure, so now we need to figure out a plan for next year...

Since the team purchased two cars, we're planning on taking the engine out of the spare car, getting it rebuilt and then installing it in the Team SuckerPunch race car. I'm hoping to get this process done this winter, so that we can get the car out for some fun prior to Lemons next year. I've been suggesting autocross events, and we've also thought about the Midwest Enduro Series. Right now we're still in need of a good way to transport the car - one of the team members has a trailer, but he uses it quite often for Spec Miata racing.

I'm the largest geek of the group, so I set up the radios and video camera for the team. We had some issues with the video camera powering down mid-race, so we only have about an hour of video. My additinal goal for the winter is to look into the video camera and get it working for maximum-length movies. Additionally, since it records in high-def I'd like to find a better place to host the videos.

No comments: